Wednesday, July 7, 2010

French Oddities

Turns out we didn't need to visit northern Thailand after all... we could have just gone to the "Chieng Mai" Restaurant in Paris!







If I want crepes that suck, I think I'll just make them myself instead of going to "Creposuk"...








Mommy, mommy - can I ride on the horse with the tequila barrel??? (seen on a merry-go-round near the Eiffel Tower)







An old-timey Paris subway sign








I'm not sure the "Fokop" Business Center is the first place I would go for assistance...








"I like nothing. I am Parisian." Fair enough.








The common abbreviation 24/7 seems clear enough to me, but in France they seem somewhat confused, as evidenced by Example 1:







And Example 2. What do these mean???!








I had never seen subway trains with tires on them until Paris:








The sign on this grave is to make the occupant aware that they are about to be displaced unless they continue to cough up the rental fee...






We saw a ton of these rental bikes all over Paris - neat idea!








Mime practice in the park...








Public street toilets








A very very old Citroen...

1 comment:

  1. The Montreal subway is all rubber tired ever since it opened. Rubber tires are more quiet than
    steel wheels on steel rails.


    24/24h... what's so tricky? Open 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete