Sunday, October 25, 2009

So What's the Plan, Stan?

Our tentative itinerary (November 2009-July 2010):

  • From Austin to Rome and Sorrento, Italy for a week
  • Then to Moscow and St. Petersburg, Russia (to visit my brother, who is currently living over there)
  • Back to TN to visit my family for Christmas
  • A quick stop in Austin to change out winter wear for warm weather gear
  • Down to Quito, Ecuador, with a week in the Galapagos Islands
  • On to Bangkok, spending 6+ weeks circuiting through Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, and Cambodia (so cliche, I know) :)
  • Then to New Delhi, India, hopping south to Kerala
  • Dubai (where we will hopefully have enough Hilton hotel points for a nice stay!)
  • Cairo
  • Eastern Europe (Turkey, maybe Ukraine... things are still up in the air this far in advance)
  • Paris (I told Brian we have to stop here for at least a couple days since it's the "City of Love" ...which might be useful for rekindling after spending 8 months together 24/7, haha)
  • Finally back to Austin
I'm sure there will be changes depending on circumstances, family situations, our likes/dislikes, etc., but this is our "Susan has to have a plan" Plan. (I'm just one of those types!) Life has a crazy way of screwing with even the best laid plans, it seems, though. But hey, our plane tickets are one-way, and we're just purchasing as we go along, so Universe, go ahead and throw some curveballs our way! (If you're listening, Universe, I didn't REALLY mean that - I was just trying to make a point about how I can be flexible if I absolutely HAVE to be.) :)

So that's the plan, Stan!

No comments:

Post a Comment